Ok...update time.

There have been some improvements.

My last update was from April 7th, so I'll catch those awaiting feedback up to speed.

As I said above, I received the equipment on April 3rd, hooked it all up, got activated, and got poor speeds. I went through the process they require on their website to help troubleshoot. Heard nothing from them for a week. I sent another "reminder" contact to them on April 10th, one week later. After yet another 8 days without hearing back from them, I called. I spoke to a helpful lady named Lisa. She informed me that they had put up an announcement on their website regarding some of the new modems that had been sent out. It seems that some of them (mine included) had a firmware issue, and they were attempting to fix them remotely, but if it didn't work, I would have to be sent another modem. The problem modems were easily identifiable by the color of the lights for the signal meter...blue was bad, green was good. Mine were blue, of course. So, she pushed my next payment due date all the way back to June 1st to give them a chance to fix it, and in fairness to me. This was on April 18th.

So, I check the modem every day, and finally on Saturday the 20th, I noticed I had green lights on the signal meter instead of blue ones. Good news, it seems. I run a speed test, and got 6mb/s down....much better than previously, but still a far cry from the 25mb/s service I'm subscribed to. But, it's progress. And, they state on their website that in some cases, it may be necessary to get a signal booster antenna (that they will reimburse you for in the way of bill credits) to increase your speeds. Continued to check my speeds over the next couple of days, and I averaged in the range of 5-8mb/s pretty consistently.

On Wednesday, April 24th (two days ago), I contacted them again to update them on my improvement, and to ask them if I should go ahead and order an antenna to further improve things. I have heard nothing from them since then. I figure I'll just call them again on Monday and see what they say.

So, that's where we're at now. Better than we started out, but still not where we need to be to keep their service for the long run. We will see if an antenna improves it enough to keep them.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?