Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by Remington270
College football is such a joke. I can't think of any jobs where its illegal to get paid what you're worth.

It's not illegal but apprentices and interns don't get paid. . If the kids have the talent and drive they'll use the college platform to get paid at the next level. If they don't have what it takes they get a free education. Depending on the school that's worth 6 figures over the course of 4 years plus, if they got their degree in something worthwhile, they'll get paid for that degree. I've got no issue with kids
getting a reasonable stipend but if they got paid on a performance basis then college sports becomes just another professional league. I don't think most of us want that.

Yeah, but obviously they're worth more than the full ride that they get, or else schools wouldn't be paying them cash money on the side.

And apprentices don't get paid, because they're not worth any money to anyone. They're there for their own education. If they had coaching skills or something else that was marketable, they'd go get paid.

To be clear, I am pretty sure the schools don't pay on the side. That is the job of boosters and booster clubs.

Tell that to LSU's basketball coach.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard