It's what I call "Divine providence". There are just people who were divinely appointed for a specific event at a specific time, there are people who are gifted with something you don't have, some innate ability or knowledge (not common to the majority) or even an unfair blessing to excel at a specific endeavor, and it can't be explained otherwise. There is something you are simply better at than me, and it's not because of anything you've practiced or learned, again it's as if God supernaturally sprinkled pixie dust on you and said "Perch will do this". Logan Martin is not known for big largemouth now (even though it's recently been showing out a little bit in that area), and it DANG sure wasn't known for that in 1992. Seriously, nobody does that, you just don't catch 7 lb heads on Logan, it would be like winning the freakin lottery. Yet this guy does it in the biggest fishing tournament on earth????....and you're gonna tell me he's just that much better of a fisherman than a million other people who have never done that? Hogwash.

Fishing is not like an athletic sport.... In football for example you can explain physical genetics. He's 6'-4" and 255 lbs, runs a 4.4 forty, has quick-twitch muscle fibers, etc, etc.... I'm 5'-11", 175 lbs, not fast, and prone to groin hernias ( laugh ), there's a logical and scientific explanation. There is NO logical and scientific explanation why any of those normal looking guys can travel the country to unknown lakes and just mystically catch fish bigger than locals (who are better than average themselves and have fished it their whole lives). I have the SAME access to everything they do. Same electronics, same Google Earth, same equipment, my job gives me the time that I can spend out there too. It's divine providence, they were destined to do that thing at that time, or even for their career, it's a blessed gift.

I know guys who win ABT tournaments and contingency checks every year, they've won bass boats, they are just semi-famous in this region, frankly they could fish professionally. And to talk with them they don't even use proper grammar, they work very "elementary" jobs, they are not smart men, they exhibit NOTHING that would explain why in the cornbread heck they could qualify to fish the classic of some semi-professional series, travel to Grand Lake in Oklahoma (?) where they've NEVER been, and go win that freakin thing!!!!!!! Yes, that ticks me off!!!! (I'm saying that in a joking manner, I'm not sincerely hating on those fellas)

Last edited by ikillbux; 04/24/19 07:53 AM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.