Originally Posted by lectrode
My biggest takeaway from watching Daves videos is yeah, there calling is as good as it gets. But I have never seen anyone with the drive and tenacity that they have.Being at there spots hours ahead of time and hiking or bicycling for miles and being under turkeys before daylight. Day after day after day, Pretty impressive !

I don't mean this to take away from their calling or maneuvering skill by any means, because they're clearly better than most at both...........but...one think I noticed watching the 2018 videos is that they manage to just about always at least find a bird to fool with, if not a couple to choose from. It seems like there were very very few days last season where they "didn't hear or see a thing".....

Now, I'm certainly FAR from being a "good" turkey hunter, but I honest-to-God believe that even I'm "ok enough" that I could kill 2 or 3 birds out of 10 that I got to "play the game". Problem is, where I suck particularly badly is in the scouting/locating area. I've heard exactly 1 gobbler all season long...and he gobbled twice. That's it.

I guess my point is..........being the best caller and the best "tactician" in the turkey woods doesn't do you a lick of good if you ain't around any birds. Conversely, you can be borderline inept and still manage to kill a few if you're hunting every day of the season, and get to work a bird more days than you don't.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft