Originally Posted by FurFlyin

fr8skr, that’s awesome man, I’d love to hear more of your story.

I will try to give the short version.

As my 40th birthday loomed in the near future, I knew that I needed a life change. I have struggled with my weight all my life. After hearing about the keto diet I began to do some research. Got the ins and outs, pros and cons. On Oct 29, 2016 I decided that I would give it a try for 30 days. If at the end of the 30, if I was happy with the results, I would continue on. Now, right at 2.5 years later, I’m 120lbs lighter and much happier. I can wear the same style and size clothes I wore when I graduated high school. I’m no small guy to begin with. Currently I’m 6’4 and around 280lbs. The heaviest confirmed weight on my scale was 380lbs. I know that was not my heaviest. So I just add an extra 20 on for easy math. Roughly 400lbs. I don’t put much value in what the scales say, but more about how I feel and look. Don’t want a beach body. I’m out of the breeding pool. I just want to be happy with how I look and feel. Comfortable in my own skin. So here is how I did it. This is my daily regimen. I am pretty strict, but if I give myself an inch, I will take a mile. I know this, so I credit my success to this.

It’s pretty cut and dry:
1. No more than 20 grams or sugars or carbs a day.
2. One half of my body weight in ounces, daily water consumption. (280x.5=140oz of h2o)
3. Cold pressed coconut oil pills once a day.(for MCT)
4. No natural or artificial sweeteners period!!!

In 2.5 years I have eaten 2 hamburgers with a bun, one order of fries, two fountain cokes and miss none of them.

If I get into something that has sugar I can immediately taste it. It makes me feel like crap for two days.

Now I’m trying to lose about what I feel is my last 20 lbs or so slowly. I think that will put me at my ideal weight for me. So now to tweak my weight loss I will eat on occasion more fresh vegetables that have sugars in them, but in moderation.

I am no longer enamored with food. Could care less. Never thought I would be able to say that, but I can.

The 3 things I miss the most that are the hardest to stay away from are: cornbread, black eyed peas, and cat head biscuits. In 2.5 years I have had 2 slices of cornbread, 1 bowl of peas, and 3 homemade biscuit. All of which were awesome!!! Unfortunately I know they will take me back down the path I don’t want to be on. So I make the sacrifice. It’s worth it. When I look at my son, I know It’s best for me, so we can spend a long life together

So that’s the not so short version. If any of you guys would like some insight or help, pm me. I will be glad to help! Stick in there!!! It’s worth it!!