I was sitting here eating lunch and thinking about something and decided to ask on here. I’ve noticed over the years that bass fishermen hate spinning rods and reels and often refer to them as sissy sticks and fairy wands and act like you can’t catch a bass on anything other than a baitcaster. I think this is all done under the false assumption that bass fight hard, which they do not, and they act like a spinning rod just won’t hold up to the strength of a bass. Meanwhile, in many types of saltwater fishing, where the fish fight much harder and get much bigger, the spinning rod is the preferred rod because of the stronger drag systems and higher line capacity. I have caught a 43 lb blue cat and several stripers up to 26 lbs on the same exact spinning rods and reels that i use to bass fish. I guess my question is why is there so much hate for spinning rods in the bass world? It’s like some of y’all are in a dark corner that you refuse to come out of. It would make it much easier to skip under docks and present some of the tiny lures y’all like to use. I just don’t get it.

Yeah c’mon. Daniel White