Below is my grandmother's handwritten recipe so I will post some alternative's to the ingredients she uses because no one cooks with beef kidney suet...

Mamaw's Texas Chili

2 Tbsp. - Been Kidney Suet (Lard or vegetable oil work fine)
4 lbs. Roast cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
4 Large Garlic Cloves (whole, peeled)
1 cup Beef Bouillon (if using the dried cubes just follow package instructions to make 1 cup)
1 24 oz. can tomato sauce
1 8 oz. can tomato paste

Spice Mixture:
1.5 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp white pepper
5 Tbsp. Chili Powder
3 tsp. Ground Chili's (Ancho Chili Powder works great here or you can fresh grind any dried pepper like Mamaw used to)
2 Tbsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Cayenne
1 Tbsp. Paprika (Smoked Paprika really shines here)

Steps:

Turn Instant Pot to High Saute setting - add oil and sear venison cubes until nice and dark brown. Add Onion and Garlic and Sautee for a few minutes (until good color on onion). Add Spice Mixture and beef bouillon and stir well. Whisk together the tomato sauce and tomato paste and add to venison mixture.

Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 45 minutes and when it's done you can release the pressure for dinner or let it naturally release. I've done both and not noticed a huge difference.

Of course Mamaw didn't use an Instant Pot but a good ol pressure cooker. I've tweaked the recipe a little to work with IP but it works wonderful. You can add beans if you really want to, just don't tell me about it! Texas Chili ain't got no beans in it (but I have done it before and yes it's just as good)

Hope you all like it as much as I do!