Originally Posted By: Bucktrot

When someone such as 49er attempts to discredit QDM and what thousands of biologists nationwide, institutions of higher learning, etc... have compiled, I am going to speak up as this is a discussional site.

In the end, I support conservation and doing what is best for wildlife and when I do that, I and maybe YOU, or somebody is rewarded, including the deer.

Do you know the difference in conservation and wildlife management? We don't have an Alabama Department of Wildlife Management. When you advocate mandatory rules to implement wildlife management, you certainly are trying to tell other people to conform to your preferences. Qdm in it's original form started out with principles advocating voluntary participation. Then the QDMA was formed and it's members started pushing for mandatory wildlife management regulations throughout the states. I was a member of QDMA until they started that crap. That's when I told them to take me off their membership rolls.

There were very few deer left in Alabama when the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources was formed and delegated authority to conserve, protect and increase wildlife. Wildlife management authority was delegated to the commissioner only on properly designated wildlife management areas.

For someone who doesn't have time to furnish supporting evidence for the statements you make, you sure have had time to be posting a lot of other stuff.

Edit: I see you went back and changed your posts after you agreed to disagree.
Quote:
In reading many post you've typed on aldeer.com 49er, you're against any restrictions/restraints/laws/management etc... when it comes to fish and game. Which leads me to ask... why don't you start a brand new thread and title it: "49er's philosophy on fish and game management." And, if you support laws regulating such, state your general foundation for fish and game laws.

There's no other way to describe that than calling it the lie that it is. Slander does nothing for your credibility.

I have consistently supported our game and fish laws that were written by our legislature for the purpose of wildlife conservation. Those laws do not authorize mandatory wildlife management on privately owned and leased lands.

Last edited by 49er; 02/05/12 11:12 PM.