Originally Posted by ikillbux
This thread affirms what I've always said... 99.999% of fishermen are "simple power fishermen", I usually call it "stupid fishing". I don't mean any of that in an insulting way, I'm not saying you're stupid, I just always say, "any stupid person can tie on a squarebill and take off down the bank".

I don't understand people's dislike for spinning equipment?? If I've caught 50 fish over 5 pounds in the last 5 years, I would bet my boat 75% of them were caught on a spinning rod, and WOULD NOT have been caught at all otherwise. I've caught 3 fish over 8 pounds the past 3 years, two of which came on spinning equipment, and one of them was a 6' ML and a 1/16oz head. I won a tournemtn with 22# last year on Guntersville with spinning equip, and I 100% could not get those fish to bite the same lure with a baitcaster (something changed about the action or speed of the presentation). Granted, I was using a 7-1 MH, 2500 Shimano Ultegra, and 30# braid, that's a pretty stout spinning setup. But I would cast across there and make the same presentation with a baitcaster, NOTHING....pick that spinning rod up and literally on the first cast, whack!! And that was in the grass on Guntersville.

I reckon it's just personal preference without good explanation (pretty much like my dislike for jigs)

i usually have atleast 3 spinning rods laying on the deck. certain lakes i could just about not take a baitcaster

We will burn that bridge when we get there