Originally Posted by hallb
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by hallb
I know a guy - not a friend, just have a dealing with him and he told this story - that dealt with this for a long time and he finally got fed up with it. Let's just say there was 20+ head of dead cattle on his property by the time it was all said and done that belonged to a black family adjoining his property. When it was all said and done, he had to pay them for the cattle and he was lucky to stay out of jail b/c he was well connected. He ultimately had to leave the area b/c those people wanted his ass.

Doesn't sound like your acquaintance made a smart decision.

Uh yeah, that's why I wanted to reiterate this wasn't a friend of mine. But, I could see how this scenario could drive you crazy and feeling like there is not other legal way of addressing it...

I have dealt with it too. It is frustrating to have cows, especially bulls on your place. It can be downright dangerous, especially if you don't know they're there. It's usually a fencing issue. I think if it keeps happening, and the cattle owner won't fix it, a police report and paper trail is definitely smart.