Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Thanks for all the replies. I’m very motivated and feel great. I just got home from fishing (2nd day in a row to get in this late) and I am watching some TV. A month ago before I started trying to eat right at all there is no way I could have worked all day, fished all evening and had the energy to do anything but crawl in bed. Something “clicked” with my body yesterday after posting about not feeling good after eating and I’ve felt great since. I know it sounds simple to most of you folks but being in the downward spiral of feeling bad and eating bad just compounds on itself. You get to a point where you’re miserable both in the way you feel and the way you think. I haven’t felt this good, mentally or physically since I can remember. I have a VERY addictive personality. I have been addicted to food all my life. Now I’m gonna try to swap one addiction to another. Being healthy. I haven’t skipped a meal in decades and I haven’t eaten supper in the past 3-4 days. I know that’s small stuff but it’s been a big deal for my confidence. Now I know I can do this.

RH your story has been great motivation to me.

I’m going to keep posting on this thread all year. If I stop posting that means I’ve quit. I want somebody to come whip the piss out of me.

Thanks buddy. The main goal is to feel better so you can live better. I don't know how much farther you have to go to be completely fit weight wise,but when you get to the point that you can exercise more and more,it will really kick in how good you feel.

I still have some bad days,but my bad days are about as good as my good days use to be and my good days are much better than any I've had in 20 years. I had some sciatica pain today. Probably from doing too many Dragonfly sit ups yesterday,on my weight bench. I was on the elliptical a long time too at it's highest setting and I sprinted up hill about 100 yards twice. That's besides the 35 lb dumbells I use to weight train. I basically rested today from exercise but worked on my back and got it feeling better doing some stretching.

I want you to keep us updated in this thread or another. I'm about to start one and show ya'll a picture or two. You see,I'm real small now probably, compared to most men my height and age. I'm now 51 years old and 6'2 215 lbs and wear a 32/32 Jeans and Large shirt. I actually see myself as still fat,and I do have a little roll on my gut that I want to work on but mostly I want to get healthy.

Anyway,I guess because I still see myself as a little fat and because I haven't really looked at a lot of before pictures of myself, I about broke down today when I tried on a pair of last years hunting pants. Only deer season before last these pants were getting too tight on me. They were tight enough that I couldn't wear long insulated underwear under them any more. I put them on today and it finally hit me how big I had been.I'll post ya'll a picture hopefully soon,but I actually put both my legs in one leg of those pants and pulled them up to my waist with both my feet sticking out the bottom. Both of my legs together now were about the size of what I had been before.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/11/19 10:44 PM.