Originally Posted by TexasHuntress
Originally Posted by biscuit1979
I grew up in Winfield. When I was about 11 or so, I had a pair of Jordan tennis shoes. We had a garage that we always entered our house thru. Right outside the kitchen door, we had a chest style freezer in the garage. My shoes were muddy one day, so I put them on top of the freezer. We ordered a pizza that night and never left the house again. The next day I was leaving for school and could not find my shoes. Finally it dawned on me that the Vanilla Ice looking pizza boy might have stole them. So, I watched for him that evening when getting on the bus and sure enough he had on my Jordans. I got home and told my brother Mark and he went to town to find pizza boy. Mark found him at Cardinal drive-in and pulled him out of the truck and yanked my shoes off him. That was on a Wednesday I believe.

Fast forward to the following Sunday night and the pizza boy was on the news. Him and a black friend waited in the woods till a preacher and his wife got home from church Sunday night. They shut the power off to their house, then killed the preacher outside when he went to check on the power. They used a sword from what I remember. They stole the wife's jewelry off her hands and the money from the church offering. It took several days for them to capture these 2 thugs. My brother carried a shotgun everywhere he went till they were caught. The vanilla ice dude is still in prison on death row. That happened around 1991.

I bet if your brother had known what the dude was capable of he probably would have told you to just forget about the shoes.

Your story piqued my curiosity so I googled for more information about it. The guy convicted is set to be executed tomorrow according to the second article below.

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news...for-inmate-convicted-of-killing-preacher

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/401059...r-inmate-convicted-of-murdering-preacher

Just saw where a judge blocked his execution

Parked in a holler, beneath the mountain moon light.