Originally Posted by FurFlyin
RH have you ever tested your blood or urine to see if you’ve been in ketosis? I’ve tried eating really clean, only eating lean meats, good carbs, fresh vegetables with some fruit and I lose weight but lose it very slowly. As in 2-3 pounds per month. I know that’s the recommended rate of weight loss but you lost it much faster than that. Weight is falling off me doing this Keto thing. I feel very good now that I’ve beeb on it a week and I didn’t have that bad feeling after eating this morning. Yesterday I did eat a decent sized portion of raw cabbage and an still at the same level on bloodwork that I was prior to that. I decided after about 2 days on this diet that I’m not going to eat large quantities of bad fat just to get the fat. I’m trying to eat lots of plant fats too

Fur,I have not ever tested any of that. I've lost fairly close to 10 lbs a month. Some have been harder than others. I've adjusted lots of things but mostly to help how I feel rather than what my test showed. For example,I can actually tell the energy I get the next day from eating lots of spinach. I can tell how much better my digestion goes when I am eating some Greek yogurt. I've had lots of trial and error,I'm sure but my main goal is to listen to my body,and really listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit,which I like to call,The Voice of Truth,and do what I know is right,if I look at it in the light of truth. For example,I know a meal of a Snickers Bar,Cheetos,and Mountain Dew,isn't good for me at all,and if I want to live and feel good,I have to do better than that.

I honestly do think it's just that simple.We know what is good food and what is junk with the rare exception. We know when we over eat and when we need more exercise. We just didn't listen for so long,and got so bad that we are having to go a little more radical,but we still don't want to go too radical and get unhealthy.

I think the body runs on carbs,fats,and proteins. I think the fuel is the most efficient burning in that order. If we want to burn our fat,we have to make the best source of that fat to be us. That doesn't mean that we won't burn fat if we eat fat,but we need to eat less of it than we need to burn. I also think that ratio is constantly changing as your body changes.

I've lost about 115 lbs now,and still dropping. I'm dropping faster,and getting leaner and more fit all around. I sprinted yesterday for the first time in about 20 years and I was light enough and strong enough to flex my legs enough to keep the strain off my knees,even though they are immensely better. Point being,I eat different now but I am different now. I guess I'm saying to listen to your body and listen to God and be willing to change something if it isn't working.