Man that’s crazy. This past fall I was put in a situation that could have been very bad.
So I decided I was going to go hunting back home at my parents place the next morning and I would need to leave real early. Like 330am early. My 2 young boys wanted to go with me and stay with my mom. We don’t get to go down there a lot so I was like sure. So the next morning I put the in the truck while still asleep and the put my 70 lb lab in the passenger side floorboard and take off. Right before I get to the Bankhead forest a big truck ahead isblinking his lights from a distance. I look to see if my bright lights are on, nope. So I start slowing down a little. Then he starts flashing them on and off and has his flashers on so I know something is wrong. There’s a few houses around but not many and no lights. As I start rolling up to the big truck to see what’s going on a woman comes running out in the road from the ditch on my side. I mean like going crazy slinging her arms and screaming. Runs out in front of me so I have to stop or hit her. She runs to the passenger side and I roll my window down She is screaming you have to let me in this truck this guy is trying to kidnap me. She’s like got her head in the passenger window. She may have tried to open the door not real sure. I think the only thing that keep her coming through the window was the dog. I’m like o crap. 1 of 3 things
1 He really is trying to kidnap her
2 They are about to try to rob me
3 she’s crazy as a run over dog

Keep in mind I will loose phone service in 1/4 mile for at least 20 minutes and there are no other roads for a good while that I can take that I can get back to town easily. So if it is a robbery what lies ahead? All this goes through my head in seconds. I look to the big truck which is less than 10 yds from me to see if the driver is coming my way. He’s still in the truck . Still at the same time the woman is screaming. I yell at her to get in the back of the truck. She still pacing around screaming. I yell again to get in the back of the truck. Then she disappears. I roll the window up and pull towards the big truck he’s got his head out his window and I ask what is going on. He says she crazy and he picked her up about a few hundred yards down the road and she started saying he was kidnapping her so he lets her out. He said has called the law. About that time she’s back beating beating on my passenger window. Then goes missing. So I’m still like either he’s lying and really try to kidnapp her or she’s crazy. He saws he’s called the law. So I. Ease on up the road and call 911. I can’t keep going or I lose service. 911 dispatcher says same the the driver said and that he had called already. So I take off. Still shook up pretty bad about halfway through the forest I think I wonder where that lady went, did she get in my truck? I thought oh heck naw I dang sure ain’t finding out in the middle of the forest. So as soon as I rolled into double springs I jump out and go look in the back because she is not going to jumping out at my moms house and going crazy. Luckily she wasn’t.

"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid" John Wayne