RonfromRamer said it best... Basically all the biggest bucks I've ever killed, was the first and only time I ever saw them. I'm the biggest wingnut in the bunch about "hunting pressure", but the real issue in Alabama is that your deer's home range is MILES!!!!!!! I've replied on dozens of threads here about multiple deer over the years that would 100%, no lie, no exaggeration, be on camera at my place at let's say 3:00AM, then be on someone else's camera 3 miles away at 6:00PM the same day. I've repeated the story of the crab-claw 7 point (VERY, VERY recognizable deer, both rack-wise and throat patch distinctions). If any of you know where the motorcycle track is on Hwy 21 between Talladega and Munford, I had that deer on camera sporadically right in behind that track. I hunted there one morning, checked that camera on the way out of the woods, and he was there in the daylight at 8:30AM (I just didn't see him). The next day I saw him dead on a tailgate on Facebook, killed by a guy I went to high school with who lives a dang long way from there. I inboxed him about it, said he killed it in his back yard right after daylight. Frankly I didn't believe his story, but he started sending me trail pics he had of him, many of which were the same day or one day apart (before or after) that I would have pics of him. Based on Google Earth, his address is 3.5 miles AS THE CROW FLIES from where my camera was. Now that's an extreme example, but I've had similar experiences with trail cameras all over the state. This deer was crossing a major highway and at least two county roads basically every day it seemed.

Last edited by ikillbux; 03/13/19 08:29 AM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.