Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by tbest3
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Fad hunters won't stick with it more than 1 or 2 hunts when they figure out how much work is involved in killing a turkey

Originally Posted by deerhunt1988
And yup, the 'fad hunters' won't stick with it. And the turkey killers are going to kill regardless of the pressure.

I thought the same thing about some of these duck hunters but damn if they aren’t unwavering.

I don't know of many duck hunters that walk 2 or 3 miles into their spots. Maybe a few do, but not many. Also, it seems duck hunting is about time spent cutting up with your buddies as much (more?) as it is about actually hunting. Turkey hunting doesn't lend itself to the social aspect nearly as well as duck hunting. So, not only are you busting your ass hiking in to your spot, you're doing it alone. I'm not too worried yet.

Good point and I guess most folks have this mindset, but I’m more worried about killing birds than I am shooting the bull with my buddies. If that’s all it was about for us we’d just do that over a nice breakfast at the diner. I’ve had plenty of trips in to holes to find and kill ducks that were just as bad or worse.