Originally Posted by Bamarich2
Originally Posted by Coosa1If it makes you feel any better, 99% of turkey hunters' calling sucks compared to them.

I always thought I was a pretty good caller until I started watching them. I've tried and tried to tweak my calling and match the sounds that they make but I just can't figure it out for the life of me. [/quote

One thing about calling that I've gleaned from these videos is the amount of clucking that should probably be done... both while walking and when actually working a bird.

Yep, he made a comment in one of the videos that makes sense....if you're going to be walking through the woods anyway, you might as well sound like a turkey walking through the woods, and they're constantly making little subtle noises. There's one sound they make, not sure if you'd call it a cluck or something else, but I can't for the life of me get anywhere close to that sound. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has a simple explanation, I'd love to hear it. For example, he does it several times starting around the 10:30 mark here.

Last edited by GomerPyle; 02/26/19 09:53 AM.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft