Originally Posted by Goatkiller

Max Point Blank Range with up to a 180 is well over 250. That means put the crosshairs on it and bang flop. Obviously if you are trying to shoot further 130's are an even worse decision.

What's the logical reasoning behind shooting 130's? Aside from recoil, youth, shoulder surgery, etc. Do y'all just want to see if a bonded bullet will perform like it is supposed to? Cut open the deer and analyze the bullet performance? Is that a thing?

I don't get it.

I probably won't be back on here today so y'all debate that.

A TTSX isn’t bonded. It’s one solid piece of copper and in my opinion is way too hard for a whitetail unless you get it going fast. I shot a couple deer with 150 grain TTSX from a 308 and was very unimpressed. They died just fine but small exits and very little blood. Insides were shredded though. The 130’s pushed faster leave a bigger exit and did more internal damage than the 150’s for me. They are longer and fly better than a lead bullet of the same weight so keep that in mind.
I shot a couple with a 110 grain TTSX started at a little over 3500 FPS in a 308 a couple years ago. That bullet has a horrible ballistic coefficient but inside 150 yards it hits like a lightning bolt. True hydrostatic shock when you hit one with something going that fast that will hold together at impact.