Originally Posted by Swampdrummin
Originally Posted by hvfs1118
I don’t think anyone is arguing that a man doesn’t have the right to shoot deer in a pen, hvfs118. However, if you look at all the various definition of “hunting” in the major dictionaries, shooting a deer in a high fence operation fits more closely to farming than hunting. I would argue that it’s not a hunt by accepted definitions. A high fence shooter where deer have been raised and stocked presents the shooter with the opportunity to harvest the crop. It’s something different than hunting and the sporting nature of hunting, more of a simulated hunt than a true sporting endeavor. Albeit you can argue that modern advances have taken some of the sport out of hunting. Nevertheless, there’s an important difference between the two.

The definition of fishing is inclusive for stocked ponds and wild ponds alike. I guess at the end of the day fish kinda make the final decision in the matter unlike your standard high fence operation. That’s an important distinction as well. Still I would ageree that dropping a 10 lb bass in a pond and catching it out is not the same, though I am unaware of this happening anywhere.

You seem to be taking issue with the free speech rights of a couple of posters above to call out high fence operations. Thats’s where you get the mud on their face. You have a right to shoot deer in a pen. They have a right to call it pathetic and distinguish as different from their manner of hunting. . What does it really matter if you are ok with it. If, on the other hand, you want to be broadly accepted by the hunting circles then go kill that 150 inch buck on public land instead of the pen.

I dont see why you say that i take the issue of free speech to far Fishing in a pond or lake is the same You may not look at it the same the fish can not bit the deer can stay bedded down and not move People love to put someone down because of their skills Remember there is someone more skilled than you when you throw the first rock or MUD

I am just too bored and too smart for my own britches. Trust me when turkey season starts or the striped bass start biting, whichever comes first, I'll stop getting all riled up like this. If shooting a buck in a pen and catching fish out of a lake are the same to you then more power to you. They are not the same to me.

Originally Posted by hvfs1118
I don’t think anyone is arguing that a man doesn’t have the right to shoot deer in a pen, hvfs118. However, if you look at all the various definition of “hunting” in the major dictionaries, shooting a deer in a high fence operation fits more closely to farming than hunting. I would argue that it’s not a hunt by accepted definitions. A high fence shooter where deer have been raised and stocked presents the shooter with the opportunity to harvest the crop. It’s something different than hunting and the sporting nature of hunting, more of a simulated hunt than a true sporting endeavor. Albeit you can argue that modern advances have taken some of the sport out of hunting. Nevertheless, there’s an important difference between the two.

The definition of fishing is inclusive for stocked ponds and wild ponds alike. I guess at the end of the day fish kinda make the final decision in the matter unlike your standard high fence operation. That’s an important distinction as well. Still I would ageree that dropping a 10 lb bass in a pond and catching it out is not the same, though I am unaware of this happening anywhere.

You seem to be taking issue with the free speech rights of a couple of posters above to call out high fence operations. Thats’s where you get the mud on their face. You have a right to shoot deer in a pen. They have a right to call it pathetic and distinguish as different from their manner of hunting. . What does it really matter if you are ok with it. If, on the other hand, you want to be broadly accepted by the hunting circles then go kill that 150 inch buck on public land instead of the pen.

I dont see why you say that i take the issue of free speech to far Fishing in a pond or lake is the same You may not look at it the same the fish can not bit the deer can stay bedded down and not move People love to put someone down because of their skills Remember there is someone more skilled than you when you throw the first rock or MUD

I am just too bored and too smart for my own britches. Trust me when turkey season starts or the striped bass start biting, whichever comes first, I'll stop getting all riled up like this. If shooting a buck in a pen and catching fish out of a lake are the same to you then more power to you. They are not the same to me.

Well if you take the animal out of the picture and say you put a creature in a environment where it cant escape and let a sportsman come and harvest or catch that creature then take it home and eat it or have it mounted. It can be a trophy for either hunter or fisherman You dig a hole put water in it and stock it you put up a enclose and you stock it Now I think it would take a dumb@$$ to say there is a difference BUT YOU HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS AND I HAVE MINE you tell me why its not the same