I placed my rifle on the top of a metal T Post to better steady my shot. This might be part of the problem. Did you have yThen, our hand under the fore arm? I'm not a sharp shooter myself nor a 2,000 yard sniper, but ...... 250 yards at a coyote running directly from you is nothing to sneeze at either. Next, 50-50 on shots over 100? My .02 for you, and take it more for some others, because I have a feeling you already know these. I have two suggestions for you. One, stay inside of 100 yards. Two, get your .22 out and go have "working fun" at a bunch of targets at different ranges from 20 yards to 100 yards.

Clays and swinging at the eves of your house for wing shooters in the off season, (a lot of spouses don't like guns being swung inside the house), if your the man of the house and rule that house, you are either single or inline for it., .22 for handgun owners all the time, .22 for riflemen a lot in the offseason and even during the season, and dry firing on a spent round at least once a week.

If we all really want to get better I believe in friendly competition. The key word is friendly. One saying I have for people, "If you are in a group, and you are the smartest person in that group, you need a different group." That doesn't mean you have to leave the original group, because in that group you are the mentor, but you need another group where your are being mentored and growing. You can't grow if you are not being challenged.

I think you probably know all of these and you are just wanting to see what others on here have to say about your abilities.

“If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.” Napoleon Hill
The most difficult thing to understand during conversation is silence. Thoreau