I was reading the thread about longer range guns that a good shooter can shoot accurately out to 500-600 yards. Cuz-Pat stated he has killed out to 530 yards with the setup he pictured. I realize from the picture he uses a solid rest and bags for an accurate shot. Here is my problem-Yesterday I had a coyote in the pasture a little over 150 yards. I placed my rifle on the top of a metal T Post to better steady my shot. He was walking and I fired and he takes off like he wasn't touched. At about 250 when he is burning it up directly from me, I fire again and miss. I didn't think I touched him, but I drew blood on the first shot. He never dropped in sight. Don't know where I hit him.

I have a history of about 50-50 on shots over 100 yards. I just need all the expert advice on how to up my percentage on kills at distances of over a hundred yards. I sometimes get lucky and have a post to lay my guns across, but not every time. I'm all ears for being a better longer range shooter than I am and plan on going through a lot of brass before next season to get better.

Thanks for all the help in advance
B

I can't stand a thief.