Originally Posted by centralala

It's been going on well before the internet. At least that is what Owen Walton and Mitch Rompallo told me. grin

Owen Walton...now there's a name I haven't heard in many years. Remember reading about his "new record buck" in Alabama Game and Fish as a teen, and being amazed. Didn't hear until years later that it was a fake. No internet back then, of course.

I wonder if anyone from this site actually knows him?
Originally Posted by jallencrockett
Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by centralala

It's been going on well before the internet. At least that is what Owen Walton and Mitch Rompallo told me. grin

Owen Walton...now there's a name I haven't heard in many years. Remember reading about his "new record buck" in Alabama Game and Fish as a teen, and being amazed. Didn't hear until years later that it was a fake. No internet back then, of course.

I wonder if anyone from this site actually knows him?

Wasnt that the guy who shot / poached his deer in Georgia and told every product name for last second shot for Alabama record?

Nah. He borrowed a set of sheds from a buddy in Georgia, then told the buddy that the sheds got stolen. Two or three years later, the sheds showed up on a mount that Owen claimed to have killed. Guy busted him because there were a couple of scoring marks from a disc on the rack, where he ran over it with a tractor when he found the sheds.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?