Originally Posted by NWALJM
Originally Posted by ridgestalker
The way I see it you swore an oath before God. In Gods eyes cheating is the one thing that you don’t have to forgive your parter for. I don’t understand how a parent can do it to their kids.Matthew 19:9,Proverbs 6:32.

I don’t recall anywhere in scripture where God condones unforgiveness of any kind. As a matter of fact, the Bible explicitly says if you don’t forgive others you won’t be forgiven by God. I understand this is a sensitive issue for a lot, but if we’re going to bring it to a Biblical perspective let’s be accurate.

Here is a case of conditional forgiveness: Luke 17:3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him

We should not hold grudges or treat others badly. Love should be the motivating factors behind our actions. We should always have the spirit of forgiveness. We should never withhold forgiveness from those who are seeking it. If we don't forgive, we won't be forgiven (Matt 6;14-15).

When it comes to marriage, often what people think are at odds with God's instructions for us.

The rule is one man and one woman for life. That bond is until death. Divorce (and ultimately re-marriage) for any reason other than fornication results in a person living in adultery according to the clear teaching of Matt 19:9. Mark 10:10-12 shows it is the same for both men and women.