Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by burbank
Originally Posted by bill
I've had Trijicon, Zeiss Conquest , Meopta, Leupold, Sig Whiskey, Burris Black Diamond, Japanese Weaver Super Slam , and several more I'm sure. The best for the money, and for hunting purposes just as good as the others, is a Weaver Extreme Classic with illuminated reticle made in the Philippines. Between my brother in law, and I, we've had 5. I think they are exclusive to Natchez Shooter's Supply and the 3x9x50 is around $179 right now. I'll never buy another $600+ scope if they keep making it as good as it is currently.

I do agree that they are good value for the money, but the real stud is that same model made in japan, or the weaver euroslam. Heavy as a brick, but great glass.

I had a Euroslam. Might have even got it from you. I honestly can't tell the difference in low light performance between the two. I watched a buck and doe at 75 yards in timber at 5:50 yesterday evening and could tell enough about him to know he was not a shooter by age and by antlers. I couldn't need anymore than that from any scope. I got pinned down on a plot a few evenings ago (1/4 moon) and watched 2 deer feeding at 6:05. Both does. I finally turned my flashlight on to run them off so I could leave.

I hear ya. I think you almost have to have them side by side in the same conditions to get a fair comparison.

I’ve read that weaver says the extreme is basically the 10/44 line optically. Either way, for the money it will get the job done.