Its been a long time since I had to sit down after smacking a nanny, but I had to this afternoon. I have been shooting a long bow that was given to me by a dear friend of the family and have done okay with it, but I was too inconsistent to hunt with it. I came across a good deal on a New Breed RK1 recurve and thought I’d try it too since I was kind of bitten by the “trad bug”. The recurve came in the mail yesterday from a guy in Minnesota that shot it a few times and decided to sell it for whatever reason. I’m shooting the Beman ICS 400’s and screwed 125 gr. Simmons Tree Sharks on them and shot well with it right off the bat. Both broadheads and arrows were borrowed so I could shoot them until I figured out what tuned the best out of my bows. I think I hit it on the nose the first try! I shot it again this morning and felt comfortable out to 20 with it, so I went and jumped in a stand this afternoon. This young doe walked up to 6 steps and got whacked! I was shaking like a dang turkey was strutting in front of me or something. It’s been a long time since that happened with a deer. Sorry for the long read, but this one got me excited!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BPS
This is Aldeer! The place people come to vent their frustrations and completely change their stance a few minutes later... grin