Originally Posted by Possum Hunter
Gonna try an all day hunt either Friday this week or next Monday. I can’t make up my mind which day... haven’t done one of these in years... gonna pull out all the old tricks. Gonna try some rattling around late morning and do a little walking, but gonna hunt the same stand most of the day.. but staying in the woods all day, I’m excited about it, hopfully it turns out productive

Good luck man. I got one more trip in me-the last 5 days of the season. Hunted this past weekend and shot a doe,and then Sun morning,I saw a sure enough good one about 50 yards from me; jumped up out of some sage thicket after I had hit the grunt call. The wind was blowing a constant 25-30mph where I was at 38 degree. I honestly think the buck was bedded there the whole time I walked in and climbed my tree,and just jumped when he heard the grunt. I had his horns in the crosshairs the whole time as he walked in the head high grass. He just never offered me a clear shot. Same stand I busted that one opening day on too. It's been a little honeyhole for me.