Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
You have to jump through some hoops to be able to hunt. Have to go buy an additional ft rucker license and register your gun. Also, you have to have taken a hunter ed course even if you are exempt from the state of AL's requirements...they will need your hunter education number when you go to get a license. You have to call a number and "sign" into the zone you plan to hunt. Sometimes the zones will be closed without much notice so if you call the morning of on your way to hunt, it might be closed.

I don't think you can buy a license or register your gun unless you physically go in person.

Also, in order to gain entry to the base you have to have a pass. This is pretty easy to get as a civilian (as i am), but you won't be able to get on the base without it.

I turkey hunted there one year. The hoops weren't all that bad. It definitely cuts down on the hunting crowd.

Ozark is right except they use isportsman.com to do everything now. You can do all he mentioned except register your gun and get a pass on that site and almost forgot have to go to mwr to get truck placard.

Plenty of hogs.