Originally Posted by Swampdrummin
Originally Posted by Shotts

I did! See that’s the problem with calling someone out who actually has read in detail the papers as well as the supporting documents and oral presentations. Slide 14/34 in the attached presentation test subjects AU316, AU385, and AU501 were fed “5kg repeatedly” hence my comment that they were fed 25% of their body weight multiple times you pull the slide and tell me that isn’t what it says. Also there are some discussion that they were also fed Macquarie meat from the ones that had been directly injected in the brain.
https://www.cste2.org/Webinars/files/CWD_Slides_FINAL.pdf

So as to your 7 ounce comment they do not define repeatedly in the study but do call out 5kg being injested by Macquas repeatedly who according to wiki have an average weight of 7.7kg. So that would be equivalent to eating 125lbs of raw brain and muscle tissue by an average male “repeatedly” or 64% of the Macquas average body weight of raw infected Brian and muscle tissue. So the 7 ounce steak comparison is way off.

—————————————

The problem is that first you said it was a very long stretch that CWD could jump the species barrier and you made it seem like the test was impractical because the macque monkeys ate 25 percent of their body weight in infected brains. You left out the whole part about, you know, contracting the disease from EATING JUST THE MEAT, which is what people care about. The reality is that it’s no stretch at all considering that all they did was consume a large quantity of meat over time which is what most people do when they kill a deer.

I’m not sure how they came to the seven ounce per day calculation but that’s what the news articles cite. I’m sure you’ll be able to see their methodology when they publish the final study. In any event, using your figures would be the equivalent of a 200 lb man eating a 10 ounce steak every week for three years unless you really believe they fed 5 kg at a time to a 7.7 kg monkey repeatedly. John Candy could barely handle the ole 96er so I doubt a man-size maque monkey could do The ole 2000er. (125lbs x 16 ounces) Maybe i’m Wrong there but you have a look. https://youtu.be/gc_5tx7xRlg

I said it’s a long stretch from natural contraction and it damn sure is the study plain states in the oral presentation 5kg repeatedly of raw infected tissue.. Further I wouldn’t be quoting information from the local news and defending it without reading the damn study my self. The oral presentation plainly states 5kg repeatedly. I assume they were delivering an “acute” injection trying to obtain maximum effect. My comparison is based off of the data not a damn news article where some “journalist” sensationalized misstated or straight out lied about the results.

As for the full results being published they never are only a subset of researcher drawn conclusions. These same researchers depend on the next study to fund them and their next crop of grad students and post docs so they have a vested interest in perpetuating the research ask me how I know.

Life is difficult
Science prevails over bulldoodoo and superstition every time