A conversation with Skullworks got me to searching online for some Damascus knife blanks just to play around with since I still don't have my forge set-up to make another knife. So anyway, just searching around on the innerwebz and I came across this little jewel for dirt cheap, like Chinese pocket knife dirt cheap. The reviews were really good, but I thought, "No way they can be producing a knife for this cheap and: 1. It be real Damascus 2. Be even remotely decently put together. But yet hear it is...

Now before you say, "Hey Irish, you dumbass, it's just etched." Um... no it ain't I have thoroughly inspected it with a jewelers loupe. I did a couple of swipes on my Crock sticks and it's shaving.

And I will say, it's no Skullworks knife either, his knives are hand crafted and having made my own knife, I can assure you they are worth every penny of what he is selling them for, plus you are getting a knife that is made by a local craftsman.

The main reason I bought this knife was to have a beater knife and to just see if it was for real. I am fully aware that it is probably made by Muslim slave children and that's why it is so inexpensive, but nonetheless I am kind of astonished at the craftsmanship that it has at such a low price point. The steel is supposed to be AN-9013, but I haven't conducted any kind of hardness test on it yet.

The decorative jinking on the spine is a nice artistic touch and having done it before on my knife, it is not an easy task. The pictures really don't do it justice.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 01/19/19 11:49 AM.