Originally Posted by Goatkiller
The truth of the matter is that this argument and government shut down is good for this country.

Since George W's last term in office this country has been completely polarized at two opposite ends of the spectrum. One side wants as transgender dude to have access to the same bathroom as my daughter. The other side wants to kick whoever thinks that is a good idea in the nuts if they have any.

It really is that simple.

Trump has to hold his ground. He has to force Congress to come together in the House and Senate, reach across the isle, find some democrats (which there should be some) that are willing to NOT do what Nancy and Chuck say do. Those people need to step up. Trump will sign something if there is a bi-partisan group from BOTH sides that are willing to work a deal. It is not all about the Democraps - Republicans need to do the same.

Trump needs to hold firm this IS the way our political system is supposed to work. We've got to put an end to the extremism on both sides of this issue and get something done in order for ANYTHING to be done in the future.

And I think that holds true for the next Presidency. We have to re-set the table in Washington. We are going to have to work together. The last era where we did this was 2003-2004 time frame. Enough is enough. They need to do their jobs.

This isn't about Trump. That is only part of the equation. Nancy and Chuck are bullying their own party and have been for over a decade. Nothing can get done in Washington. It has to stop. He is getting the wall... they have to figure out what they are going to get in return. Hopefully this will open up a new era in Washington. If Trump caves nothing will be done for the next 4 years at least. The Republican Senate will be the next group to act like this under whoever is probably definitely going to beat Trump.

this is very true great post and i do hope this happens and with a compete southern border too !