I would just like to see 150” deer let alone kill one. I can’t even find a 150 inch buck on 2000+ acres in the Midwest. I’m gonna tell you fellas something y’all already know based off the many comments on this thread, a 150” deer is a special animal! They do not live behind every tree as some are lead to believe. I have been blessed to hunt some great properties over my hunting career, but very few have offered the opportunity at 150” deer consistently. My best Alabama buck to date came off 100 acres of land in Covington County that offered very little in Ag and natural browse. He was a special deer that had the right genetics that I helped express by providing year around protein with supplemental feeding and food plots.

I personally strive to shoot 4 year old or older. I don’t care if he scores 20” or 150” at age 4 he’s a shooter in my personal opinion and what I would consider a trophy. I am personally trying to up my game to 5+ but still see the occasional 4 year old that floats my bobber and he gets shot. In my club we simply shoot age rather than score. We don’t have a antler criteria that deer must meet because I’ve never been able to get one to stand still long enough for me to measure him up. All I ask of my members is to do your best to accurately field age him and if he’s 4 and one you want to give a ride, burn powder. I know we have the potential to grow some exceptional deer due to the amount of land we as as QDM cooperative control. I also understand we will most likely kill more mature deer that average 110” to 120” than the higher scoring deer. I do believe we can consistently kill a few above average deer every season if we do our part in managing the herd.

I personally understand where a lot of folks are at in their stage of hunting. I started like most everyone else on here. We were poor when I was growing up and I hunted public land 99% of the time. When I finally could afford to join a good club that had an abundance of deer I burned a lot of powder. It did not matter if it was a buck or doe, I was gonna make up for all those years of hard hunting. I get it and understand folks need to kill deer because we all are in different stages with life and hunting. I’m all for killing what makes you happy and I’ll congratulate you!! The good thing is, it’s a renewable resource and we can always grow more deer.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."