Originally Posted by WallyGator0928
Originally Posted by jhardy
The only problem is there’s too many bubbas that aren’t going to have the next guy tell them how to hunt. So many people are worried about getting theirs we’ll never collectively get there.

Why are they bubbas just because they don't want to trophy hunt? Just asking as I have never considered myself a bubba. I actually don't shoot any young deer as I don't care to, but I also don't care if someone else does.

They’re not just because of that, I called them bubbas on a Hail Mary cast and it looks like the cork is bobbing. In all seriousness it’s usually a good Ol boy who don’t spell good or talk right that tells me you can’t eat the horns. That’s fine, I agree you can’t but don’t complain about not seeing big deer or not seeing lots of deer in Alabama if you shoot everything that moves. Also I’m not talking about trophy hunting at all.... I’m talking about age managing your herd.... that’s two totally different things.

-I manage the herd to the extent I can.
-I don't have a problem with what others shoot.
-I haven't shot a deer this year as it has been a down year for me individually. That doesn't bother me. Still enjoy it.
-Last I checked my name wasn't bubba and I think I talk right.
-I am in a small club (6 of us) that is a great group of guys with no arguments and essentially shoot what makes us happy. This year to date, we have killed four bucks and one doe. Haven't been aged, but two of the bucks might be 3, others are older. One was the first deer for a wife. One was upper 120s and that is a good deer antler wise for us.
-Observation wise, one hunt in December with four hunters we saw a grand total of two does. One hunt in late December we with four hunting we saw 48 total. Same guys, same land. Different moon, different weather. It happens.
-We have probably killed six hogs and they do run off the deer as soon as they show up. I don't think it effects the long term movement of the deer, but does take away food resources.

I guess I just don't understand what all the fuss is about and why we would ask for more regulations upon us. They are just goats.