I think that the bigger the rack more rare and in return the more treasured. It's definitely hard to kill a mature buck, but exponentially more rare to kill a mature buck that has the rare blessings of a 150"+ set of head gear.

Now I will be the first to say I DO NOT want more regulations. Personally I don't shoot much anymore and when I do it will be a mature buck so additional regulation won't have much of a direct affect to me. But, I have a 7yo that absolutely loves hunting right now, and like I was when I was younger he loves to shoot. He is the shooter 9 out of 10 times we hunt, and I have been a total of 1 time this year without him. We are blessed to get to hunt a lot, generally 1-2 afternoons and maybe 1 morning a week (3 hunts a week is a lot to me).

I may be in the wrong but I have told him he will need to kill 100 or more before he is truly confident with his shot, what shots are marginal, what shots to take and when to pass. By then he may be more of a trophy hunter but I'm not rushing it. Until then we are in it for the fun not the racks.

He killed a 125" 3yo 10pt this year that probably had the most potential of anything I had on my place to make it in the upper 130"s. I don't know of any regulations that would or could prevent quality 3yo's from getting killed?