Personally I don't really care what anyone does in regards to their deer. That was never my point. BUT - I do think people do not realize the number of good deer killed in this state every year. I know someone that found one dead that green scored 174 last year near Birmingham. I also know a fella that has a 19 point deer in his shop behind his house and will not tell anyone he shot it about a 1/4 of a mile up the road from his house. He just tells everyone she shot it in Tennessee. I was there I know where he shot it and could walk to the spot today.

The only thing I might add would be that we have many naysayers that think there is no way on this earth if we as a group decided to start letting more deer walk that this would lead to more mature bucks with good racks walking around in general. They will claim we don't have the genetics among a slew of different arguments. Trophy hunting is not for everyone and I get that. However the reality is that we do have some really good racks in this State - the problem is it is very hard for them to make it to the appropriate age. I'm not talking scoring 150 every deer, rather just good solid deer in general whether that's 100 or 135. There are many hunters, more than enough granted there are few places that are not hunted in this state... and as a result we don't see our own potential. The deer get shot.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.