Originally Posted by Goatkiller
You sort of have 2 groups of people when it comes to this. A lot of people that regularly kill big deer don't get on the internet and tell everyone at every chance how big a badarse they are. They don't take it down to the deer show. They don't ride it around in the bed of their truck at the local Wal-Mart. They just take it home and go on about their business. Killing a big deer is not the pinnacle of accomplishment in their lives. They shoot one ever season or two. They are sort of the silent professional types. Lot of those people out there. Very few of them on ALDeer.

Other people troll the Internet and deer shows... they have only killed a couple really good deer and they like to post links to old AL deer posts they have made at any window of opportunity. That's the internet badarse types. They view themselves as having some sort of celebrity status. They usually have a few window lickers who like to be their internet buddies. Several of them on here.

couple hundred 150 class deer are killed every year in this state. It's kind of like being rich. No matter how rich you think you are someone out there has you beat. Just a fact of life.

Eh, I don't look at deer as an accomplishment, but I do like to show them off and I like seeing others kills. I like deer. I know some people work for their deer and plan and scheme, but most deer are killed out of coincidence. That hunter just happened to decide to be there when that deer decided to come by. I know some who never tell anyone anything, and I know some that you can't talk to without hearing about the deer from 15 years ago. But I think most here just like deer.