Originally Posted by 257wbymag
See that's the mindset I was talking about. Always worried about the neighbors gunshot

Matt there is one thing I can guarantee folks with this mindset, he's definitely dead when they pull the trigger. What a lot of folks fail to realize is a lot of these bucks would make it to see another year. I'm guilty of falling for this trap myself in my younger years. I have since learned if I do my part he just might live to see 4 or some cases I've passed 4 year old's that have seen 5+.

This is not a dig at you guy's that like to kill deer! Shoot what makes you happy, but if you truly would like to see older age class deer y'all got to quit worrying about what the neighbors do. I recently started hunting some very small properties that are susceptible to what the neighbors kill, however I have killed one really good deer for the area and might know where a few more are hanging out. My plan of managing pressure and providing the best food in the area goes a long way in saving some of these younger deer I would like to see live longer.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."