Originally Posted by Remington270
Y'all do realize that if only 100 150" deer were killed per year, that would only be one per county. I bet some counties have 10-20 in a single year.

Some counties do probably have 10-20/yr killed but those are the exception and not the norm. There are also a bunch of counties in Alabama that have 0 killed per year for 5-7 year stretches. I can assure you there is not an overabundance of 150" deer in Alabama. A 150" buck is a very special animal and those that have the genetics to reach 150" are few and far between. They have to survive hunters long enough to get to full maturity, they need to be in a situation where they have the proper nutrition to put on the growth, they have to survive coyotes, poachers, EHD, buck fights, cars, the rut and on and on. Throw out all the high fence stuff and all the 130's that people claim are 150's and there are probably 200-250 bucks a year killed in Bama that legitimately score 150". Assuming we kill 250,000 deer in Bama annually, that means that 1/10th of 1 percent of the deer killed in Bama score 150" and I think that's probably about right. Note that there are a lot more than that running around but for some reason, they get a whole lot harder to find and kill once they get old enough to sport that kind of headgear.

Last edited by abolt300; 01/11/19 02:40 PM.