Originally Posted By: bill
Its always something. Most years hunters are complaining that the rut is in Feb. And they don't see any bucks.

This year I've heard a lot of hunters talk about an early rut and I've seen a truck load of good bucks killed but now we are complaining that we can't see 20 does on a greenfield like the good ol days.

I don't know much about qdm or putting doe limits but I imagine the answer lies some where in the middle. Wouldn't matter if we got it perfect we would still find something to complain about. It's what we do.

Where I hunt the rut is and has always been the last week of Jan into feb not complaining just a fact that even fetus studies support. No more bucks have been killed in my area than the usual amount and our doe population has been on a steady decline for the last five years. These are not new complaints just the same old facts.I do not think we need to see 20 does on a food plot but I do think that somewhere in the middle is the right answer and allowing two does a day the whole season is not middle ground.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/