Since Tallapoosa County went to a permit dog hunting system the pressure on and around the property that I hunt has reduced dramatically, therefore, I am seeing and getting photos of more deer including does. However, from hunting on that property for 12 years the deer numbers have always been low and from my perspective Tallapoosa County or at the northern part should not have had more than a partial season.

Nothing against people hunting with dogs, just a problem with the specific people that were hunting everybody's properties that they did not have permission to hunt with their dogs. Also, now there is a person living on the property and it keeps the neighbors (dog hunters mentioned above) off the property.

I have not killed a doe on that property since 2007 and the one I killed that year was with a bow. However, I did miss a doe this past Monday with a handgun, killed a sapling though!

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope