I'm not sure how to phrase this question, but I have talked with 5 hunters who all hunt in different areas of the state and they have seen the same thing this year that I have. On our farm I have seen and have pictures of the least amount of does I have had. I also have pictures of 2-3 bucks per doe picture. Deer sightings have fallen off to near zero.

The other 5 guys hunt in Blount (2), Cherokee, Conecuh, Jackson, and I hunt in Marshall (south of the river) and in south Tallapoosa. My story above was told almost word for word by each of the other guys to me when I brought up the "How's your season been" conversation.

I'm looking for answers on this poll from the average Joe. If your land joins 6000 acres where no does are ever shot, then divulge that info when you answer. If you are in a club or lease and the rules have always allowed for a minimal doe harvest, like 1 per year per member, disclose that in your answer too.

I'm going to attempt to attend the CAB meetings this year and express my opinion on whether sound biological practices are being followed on herd management. I sure don't think they are. So I'd like to hear your opinion.

I know there are still areas in the state where the landowners or lessees have control over enough land that the deer population is relatively unchanged since "operation kill the does" started but it's just not that way on many properties.

Here's the question I would like answered and the type information I would like to see, Thanks:

Are we killing too many does in most places? My answer is, yes. I hunt 160 acres in Marshall county and 120 acres in south Tallapoosa county. I've seen 12 deer this season. 6 in Marshall, 6 in T'poosa. 8 bucks/4 does I've hunted 45-55 days

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14