How is anyone going to stop it? Some kind of armed revolution? Landowner going to beat up or shoot a state agency official about a bunch of deer? The "tyrannical government!" effort?

This plan is similar to many other plans in many other states. If someone wants to sue, fine. That's a remedy. It likely will be expedited and I'll bet a nickel won't hold up in court between Joe Landowner who's hunted deer "all my life" vs. biologists. Sorry, but it just won't end up easy-peasy with landowners tripping merrily down the ScrewGubbermint! yellow brick road.

Two, three years ago there was a situation with a high fence owner down in south Marshall County or Blount County. Can't remember which. But they killed all his deer. Right? Did the guy go apeshit and have a tank or pitchfork mob in front of his property? Where was the outcry then about killing all his deer? A few here and there but it wasn't any kind of tar-and-feather revolution.

Personally, I don't believe the "shoot 'em all" action plan like has been tried in Wisconsin and is underway in Minnesota is a solution. And while shooting 50 or 60 deer in a 5-sq mile zone doesn't sound palatable, it's not "eradicating" all the wild deer in that zone. A 5-mile radius is a pretty big zone.

CWD is a real deal and it's not "fake" or bulldoodoo or anything else. It's a serious disease. Been around for decades. Probably poses the closest threat to a species crossover due to similarities with BSE. But will it kill all the deer? Nope. Look at Wisconsin and two dozen other states. It's just a bigger issue with IMO more tentacles into other things -- being spread by predators? spread by the gazillion gallons of urine? -- and it requires attention.

Yet the public knee-jerk hysteria, lack of knowledge or desire to learn, massive distrust (this, mostly), and "You ain't goannnaaaaa do that!" will create more problems than anything else. It's going on in Tennessee right now and it happened in Mississippi. Y'know what? Their deer are still around, hunting seasons got changed a bit and life goes on. The same will happen here when it's found.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020