Originally Posted by blumsden
Yea, it sounds like some of these tracking guys want sure thing tracking jobs. While I agree they probably wouldn't have found the deer, how do you know until you try? Easy track jobs you shouldn't need a dog, its the hard ones where a dog is needed, but it sucks when you cant get somebody to come out, especially if they advertise.

While Brent is a good piece away from me,and wasnt called on this track. I have found that an interview with the hunter can rule out a lot of time pushing the deer a long ways across lines and everything else. However I did go on a track the other night for a deer that hit the field and got up and ran off. I also generally say backslap and have gone hoping we could bay the deer but not with a whole lot of confidence in finding a backslap deer. However the one the other night proved me wrong, it was shot high shoulder and must have deflected cause it got all in the guts. I think that most trackers will say we can try but you gonna see that deer again probably because they know if they run that deer forever its likely gonna cross lines, those deer tend to run a long ways.

It isn't necessary to see a good tackle...you can hear it.

Knute Rockne