This is much closer! There is still a lot of variation in what she is doing though. The first and third sounds she makes are much closer to the duration I've heard, with the first sound being possibly just barely longer and the third sound being slightly shorter. Considering the fact that she is a human attempting to mimic the sound of a deer, this could be it!

The thing is though how it sounds exactly the same every time, no shorter and no longer.

Wow, I guess that changes everything if it's a buck and not a doe. I knew the scrapes looked super fresh, maybe it was a buck and not a doe and maybe it is ridiculous to think does create scrapes. I still don't know why there weren't any rubs though.

From the tree I was in there was a draw between 200 and 300 yds that I couldn't see the bottom of. On the opposite side of the gas cut, in the bottom of the draw, at the edge of the tree line is where I found the first scrape. I scouted this area just a little bit a couple of years ago but never hunted it. I went in in the dark. Had I walked another 100 yds to the next point before climbing, I probably would have seen him cross the cut, if in fact it was a buck.

So here is the million dollar question. The next time I hear this, what can I do to bring him to me? I'd be afraid any sound I'd make would just send him the other way.