Originally Posted by centralala

I would very much like that. We haven't shot does in years. Very few bucks also. But what's right for me may not be right for everyone else.

I wouldn’t necessarily label it “the right way”….but I bet it would be “a good way” for a lot more people than we might think….or maybe the best option we could choose. There’s just not that many places that are so overflowing with deer that they should wholesale slaughter the females. I took over a small lease in Bullock Co this year and we’ve decided not to shoot any does until we assess the situation. After having watched it for a while now through cameras and my own observations from the stand and looking at the browse…..there’s definitely not “too many” does on the place. There’s enough that you could take one or two if you wanted for meat but for sure not enough to open up a free for all so everyone can fill their freezer. If you did that then the hunting would go to chit real quick.....and this is in an area traditionally thought of as having plenty of deer.

Last edited by CNC; 12/14/18 01:18 PM.

We dont rent pigs