Originally Posted by Atoler
I don’t really care what biologist or qdma says, I’ve hunted a lot of properties in Alabama, and if you told me to pick 3 places that I felt most confident I could hunt for a week in the rut and kill a 125+, all three places that come to mind, have a lot of deer. Like double digit sightings a majority of the time. Those places also have very few deer killed, one place hasn’t had does killed since 1987. That place, you might see 30 deer on a good sit, maybe only 3 or 4 bucks, but your liable to see a mature deer just about every day. I just have never seen a positive correlation to drastically reducing your does and having better “big buck” hunting in the future years. It’s always been the opposite .

I'm like you in that I just don't really care about what they say................the way I see it is only 1/2 the deer are capable of giving us more deer. and if you start wiping out those deer, well, that just seems counter-intuitive. Sure, I'd shoot a doe here and there on a property that had good numbers, but killing the "fawn factories" because numbers are already too low just seems dumb.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft