Originally Posted by Jtb51b
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Vortex customer service is one of the best in the business. Nearly everyone that has owned a Vortex has had to use it.

That's why I wouldn't buy one of those POS. Their expensive stuff is good quality but their cheap stuff is Tasco. There are better options for the money. I am pretty sure they only make 1 scope over $500 with a standard V-plex reticle. That should tell you everything you need to know they are marketing and gearing all their offerings towards the mall ninja crowd.

The ONE I had trouble with was the highest end one I have of theirs. It is a Viper PST-6-24x50 FFP Mil/mil was about a grand if I remember correctly. I also have an HST 6-24x50 SFP (moa/moa) and it was MUCH clearer,.

I agree about the warranty, you see a LOT of folks saying how great it is and rightfully so (for them it was good?) but why so many people having to use it? My one bad experience is all it took for me to find a different brand and honestly for my money the athlon has been a nice unit. Repeats well, holds zero and is clear.

Jason

Well not to derail y'alls conversation, but it's scary how many people i hear talking about "having to use their warranty" on new equipment, guess it's a good thing they have good customer service...

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!