Originally Posted by mman
Originally Posted by CNC
I’d guess that compliance is very low……Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the GC police and don’t care if you report it or not…….but I rarely ever see anyone record their deer or even mention anything about calling it in after we find them. Maybe they do later on but I doubt it. They’ll never be anywhere close to full compliance. If you believe that then you’re out of touch with a portion of the hunters of this state. I figure after about 5 years or so the percentage of people who are going to report their kills will level out and you’ll likely get close to the same compliance year after year. At that point you could probably start comparing trends after another 5 years but what if compliance continues to tick upwards?? . It’ll likely take a decade at minimum before anything of value comes out of it.

You may be right, but who really knows? I helped a lady this past week find her 1st buck and she recorded it without me even knowing. Later she mentioned has quick and easy GC was. If they've called you in, and you find their deer, I'm sure GC is the last thing on their mind. I even forgot till I was on the way to the processor's with one of my deer and I pulled over and completed it. Look, I hunt with a few, for lack of a better term, rednecks, and was surprised when they checked theirs in.

I am guessing, but I bet that compliance is very low for people who hunt their own land or non-club private or family land, especially if they process their own.

I think you nailed it with that last sentence. I was amazed at the number of people who didn't have a way to record their buck kills, even years after the buck limit had started.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.