Originally Posted by DeerNutz0U812_
Originally Posted by AUwrestler
Originally Posted by DeerNutz0U812_
Originally Posted by AUwrestler
Hey guys, don't know what you have around your place. But bother deer I killed had a pile with acorns. The buck had whole whiteoaks in his stomach. Didn't even chew. Good luck.
They'll chew them later as a mid day snack after they bed down...

Like cud?
idk about a cud but they'll regurgitate them, I was in Illinois several years ago bowhunting, and the little knob I was settin on was just perfect for them to bed down on in the sun about mid morning seemed like, cause it happened a couple times that hunt, anyway, I had 3 big ol nannies bed down below me about 60 yds one morning and after a couple hrs in the sun one of thems eyes started getting heavy and her head started bobbin ( you know like when your in a boring meeting ) and directly I had to stop watching her cause she was making me sleepy too smile well I started watching the other 2 and one of them started licking her lips like crazy and after a few minutes she starts spitting stuff out of her mouth....WTH is that?... about that time the other one with her head up starts jerking it around and she see's something and stands up which alerts the other ones and they all start looking and standing.....You guessed it...Here comes Mufassa.... shocked He walked up and run his ol nose out sniffin on them does and they got all giddy and jumpin around and I just knew I was fixin to get a shot...well to make a long story short, they didn't smell good enough to do anything with and just as quick as he walked in my life he walked out....he had more points than I could count out of my bino;s... cry so I made it a freakin point when I got down to see what she was spitting out of her mouth and it was red oak hulls.... slap I never thought about them them doing that, even though I've killed a ton of them with whole acorns in them....Anyway Congrats on your buck AU... thumbup

You know that makes perfect sense to me now that you say that. In areas where deer bed, I have found crushed hulls of acorns scattered about. Didn't ever realize what it was until I read your post just now. It makes perfect sense. They can't digest it. You don't see it in their scat. It has to come out one end or the other.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Z

thesharkguard.com