Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by BayedUp
Originally Posted by Ben2
2 options imo. Trap them or get another piece of property. You are going to have to catch the entire Sounders to see a difference.

False.... You have been drinking to much of Elkhunters koolaid. Lol. I hunt a track of land with dogs that started out loaded with hogs after turkey season to now you have to search far and wide to just find a track. They will move back in between now and the end of turkey season and i will get started again. But its a losing battle either way because to the north of the property is a 5000acre breeding ground that no one hog hunts or traps.

I am not drinking anyone's cool aid. The pigs set up shop and stay until manually removed where I hunt. You hunting them and running them with dogs may make them move but we dont want to chase them around we just want to kill them so we trap the entire group. Eventually another group will move in but it is normally a few months before it happens. I am fixing to remove the most recent group from our place and we will be hog free again for a bit

Killing 196 in 26 hunts is far from just chasing hogs around. I can do the same thing with dogs in less time as you can with a trap. There is no prebaiting or waiting till the hogs get brave enough to go in a trap. And It doesn’t cost the land owner a few grand for someone with “Good Dogs” to catch them like one of those traps cost. I’m not gonna be like y’all fancy trap guys and claim my way is the only way. Trapping and Dogs are both effective ways to control hog population. Each has there up sides and down sides. It all depends on the way the land owner wants to handle it.