I had a nice 3-4 year old buck hang out in here from last November all the way through Feb that I would see pretty regular. My place was definitely within his core area during that period because I would get him on camera and see him constantly. He disappeared some time in late Feb and wasn’t seen all summer long….nothing but does in my pics. Well, a couple of weeks ago he showed back up again.

I see this happen just about every year now. I’ll get nothing but does during the summer and then bam the bucks will show up after velvet shedding. They are definitely living in two different areas during the summer and winter. I’d love to know where they’re going during the summer and why. I think a lot of what they do is because of doe distribution across the landscape. I think the bucks are coming in here during the winter to establish breeding territory because of the high doe concentration. I think its also part of the very same reason they leave during the summer months. I suspect they're laid up in a nice cool bottom somewhere away from the pregnant wimmens.

Last edited by CNC; 11/14/18 02:10 PM.

We dont rent pigs